The new Avianca, is the second largest airline in Latin America with a fleet of over 150 aircraft and more than 5,100 weekly flights to 100 destinations in 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. Avianca and TACA joined the Star Alliance® in June 2012.
Destinations: From hubs in Bogota, Colombia (BOG), San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL), Lima, Peru (LIM) and San Jose, Costa Rica, (SJO) to destinations throughout Central and South America and Europe.
Effective Date: June 21, 2012
Collecting miles on Avianca flights Minimum Mileage Guarantee does not apply on Avianca flights As of Feb 28, 2014
|Service Class ||AVTA Booking Classes ||Percentage of flown miles |
|First Class ||Not applicable ||Not applicable |
|Business Class ||C, D, J ||150% |
|Economy Class ||H, M, B, Y, E, A, V, Q ||100% |
|P, O, L, K, G ||100% |
|Economy Discounted Class ||U, T, S, W, Z ||100% |
|U*, T* ||25% |
*Booking Classes not eligible for accrual: I, X, N, R
Terms and conditions
- The general Miles&Smiles terms and conditions apply.
- Miles can be accrued only on Avianca and on behalf of Avianca operating flights.
- The partner reserves the right to change flight routes at short notice.
- Miles accrual is subject to the operating airline. Please note that the booking class shown on your ticket may differ from the booking class relevant for the mileage accrual. For the code share flights, the mileage accrual rate will be based on the operating carrier's booking class and not on the booking class on the ticket as THY flight. For this reason, there may be cases where the mileage accrual is different or ineligible to accrue.
- Please retain your original boarding pass and a copy of your flight ticket until the credit reflects on your mileage statement.
For more detailed information please visit the Avianca website.