Seat selection fees depending on route, flight class and seat type
*On domestic flights, Economy Class seats can be selected free of charge within 24 hours of departure during online check-in.
|Route ||Flight class ||Seat type ||Fees ||Selection period |
|All flights ||Business ||All seats ||Free ||355 days before flight |
|Domestic flights ||Economy ||All seats ||Free* ||24 hours before flight |
|International flights ||Economy ||Standard ||Free ||100 days before flight |
|International flights ||Economy ||Seats with more leg room ||USD 19.00 - USD 79.00** ||355 days before flight |
|AnadoluJet flights ||Economy ||All seats ||TRY 15.00 - TRY 27.00 ||355 days before flight |
**Due to technical and operational reasons, chargeable seat selection is not available on some flights.
Terms and Conditions
- Chargeable seats may vary depending on demand and schedules. Chargeable seats are not valid on flights operated by other airlines (codeshare).
- Chargeable seat selection is only valid for group passengers (reservations with more than 9 passengers) where reservations have been made directly with the Turkish Airlines Reservations System.
- Chargeable seat selection is only available to passengers holding tickets.
- Chargeable seat selection is valid within 355 days and up to 48 hours before scheduled Turkish Airlines flights.
- Chargeable seat selection on AnadoluJet flights is valid within 355 days of and up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight.
- On AnadoluJet flights, unwell passengers and passengers with limited mobility can select aisle or window seats, on condition they do not prevent cabin emergency exit.
Emergency exit seats
- Due to safety, security and operational reasons, seat selection cannot be guaranteed. In such cases, Turkish Airlines will provide the most suitable alternative.
- In cases where passengers are dissatisfied with involuntary seat changes, they have the right to apply for a refund for their travel.
- Passengers which purchase seat selection may only use this on the flight for which they purchased it an on their own behalf. Selection may not be transferred to another flight or passenger.
- Passengers who are able to assist by opening emergency doors in an unexpected evacuation situation may sit in emergency exit seats.
- These passengers must be over the age of 18, and physically fit and healthy.
- These passengers must be able to understand written or verbal instructions given in either English or Turkish.
- Passengers requesting emergency exit seats must confirm they meet this criteria.
- Passengers traveling with infants may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Passengers whose mobility is partially or fully restricted may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Overweight passengers requiring an extension seatbelt may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Passengers or companions subject to legal or administrative proceedings may not sit in emergency exit seats.
- Turkish Airlines holds sole discretion when deciding if a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an emergency exit seat. Passengers not meeting the requirements will be offered another seat. Additional fees paid for emergency exit seats cannot be refunded.
- Refunds cannot be processed for passengers who have canceled a chargeable seat. If a passenger changes their seat for a more expensive one, they will be required to pay the new fee. If a passenger changes their seat for a less expensive seat, no refund will be processed.
- Passengers dissatisfied as a result of an involuntary seat change made before the flight may apply for a refund for their journey via our calls center or Turkish Airlines Sales Offices.
- If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, they may apply for a refund.
- Passengers who purchase seat selection and then upgrade to Business Class cannot have thier seat selection fee refunded.
- Applications for refunds must be made with 1 year of the flight.